Time Release Technology
Medik8 Time Release Technology gently releases retinol into the skin overnight, ensuring total skin comfort alongside the powerful active.
Retinol is the classic vitamin A, with decades of research proving its abilities to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin smoothness.
0.3% retinol is delivered in a lightweight, Jojoba oil-infused formulation. This not only cares for the skin with moisturising emollients, but also keeps temperamental retinol protected and stabilised; for long term efficacy.
Looking for Even More Power?
The Intelligent Retinol range, featuring innovative retinol-booster climbazole, is the perfect step up for improved retinol results.
How It Works
- Retinol, also known as vitamin A, is often referred to as the gold standard in anti-ageing skincare. When applied to the skin, it is converted to retinoic acid, the active form of vitamin A. Retinoic acid works to help support collagen synthesis and prevent its breakdown for visibly plumper, more youthful-looking skin. It can also help to speed up the natural exfoliation process while decreasing melanin production, for a visibly smooth, more evenly toned complexion.
- Retinol has the potential to cause some irritation when first introducing it into a skincare regime. Time Release Technology, found in all Medik8 vitamin A products, helps to minimise irritation while maximising visible results. Our Intelligent Retinol serum protects retinol in a polymer reservoir, essentially working as a protective shield between retinol and the skin. The polymer reservoir slows down how quickly the retinol is able to penetrate into the skin, gently delivering the active into the skin throughout the night.
- Vitamin A is used in combination with vitamin E, an oil-soluble antioxidant that helps to protect delicate skin from external free radical damage, while stabilising vitamin A for a highly potent, long-lasting formula. In a jojoba-oil base, the nourishing serum protects the delicate retinol molecule for long-term efficacy.
How To Use
- After cleansing in the evening, massage 4 drops of retinol across the face, neck and décolletage.
- Follow with your regular Medik8 moisturiser. We recommend Advanced Night Restore, designed to be used after vitamin A.
- Retinol application should be phased in gradually. Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night. Consult a doctor if breastfeeding or pregnant. You should always use a sunscreen in the morning while using vitamin A.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
The classic form of vitamin A helps to boost collagen levels and enhance the skin’s natural regenerative cycle, leaving skin looking smooth, even-toned and youthful.
An oil-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E can quench free radicals on the skin while stabilising retinol for optimal power.
A moisturising emollient oil that nourishes the skin, whilst working to protect the retinol’s stability for long-term efficacy.FULL INGREDIENTS
- NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE
- PARABEN FREE
- VEGAN FRIENDLY
- ZIPPER DONATION
- NO SYNTHETIC COLOURS
- NO PHTHALATES
- ALCOHOL FREE
- CRUELTY FREE
Used in Professional Treatments
Boost the results of Retinol 3TR
Visit a Medik8 specialist for a detailed skin consultation and experience one of our relaxing anti-ageing facial treatments.
Rewind Professional Skin Peel
A targeted peel that helps to promote collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It fades away imperfections, leaving the skin visibly smoothed and rejuvenated.
The Science Behind
“Retinol is the classic form of vitamin A, and the one which is most often talked about. However, let’s just say it… vitamin A has its challenges. When delivered at levels high enough to have a visible effect on skin ageing, it can cause irritation in the form of stinging, redness and peeling. With our extensive experience in vitamin A, we use the most advanced Time Release Technology delivery system to slowly release vitamin A into the skin; reducing irritation potential whilst providing an exceptionally stable formula.”
Daniel Isaacs, Medik8 Director of Research