Retinol 3TR / Intelligent Retinol 3TR™
This fast-absorbing serum, formulated with 0.3% retinol, is perfect for those new to vitamin A, or as an upgrade from Night Ritual Vitamin A. Key Ingredients are retinol and vitamin E.
Intelligent Retinol 3TR™
This fast-absorbing serum, formulated with 0.3% retinol, is perfect for those new to vitamin A, or as an upgrade from Night Ritual Vitamin A
Retinol 6TR™ / Intelligent Retinol 6TR™
Formulated with 0.6% retinol. Perfect for those who have already been using retinol in their regime and are looking for a higher strength. Key Ingredients are retinol and vitamin E.
Intelligent Retinol 6TR
Formulated with 0.6% retinol. Perfect for those who have already been using retinol in their regime and are looking for a higher strength. Key Ingredients are retinol, vitamin E and retinoid boosting climbazole.
Retinol 10TR™ / Intelligent Retinol 10TR™
Formulated with 1% retinol. Perfect for those who have already been using retinol in their regime and are looking for a higher strength. Key Ingredients are retinol and vitamin E.
Intelligent Retinol 10TR
Our highest strength retinol (1%), ideal for those who have used retinol regularly in their regime. Key Ingredients are retinol, vitamin E and retinoid boosting climbazole.
Looking for Even More Power?
One step closer to the active form of vitamin A than retinol and unmatched in its age-defying power, retinal can deliver results comparable to clinical-grade vitamin A up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol. Available in 4 strengths, it’s suitable for virtually everyone looking for a vitamin A serum. Find out more here.
How It Works
Retinol, also known as vitamin A, is often referred to as the gold standard in anti-ageing skincare. When applied to the skin, it is converted to retinoic acid, the molecule that signals skin cells to produce proteins such as collagen. This increase in retinoic acid both boosts and preserves collagen levels within the skin for a plump, youthful complexion.
- Vitamin A can also boost the regenerative cycle of skin cells and hinder the formation of excess melanin to leave skin looking smooth and even-toned.
- Time Release Technology distributes the intelligent formula continuously throughout the night, slowing down vitamin A absorption for reduced irritation.
- Vitamin A is used in combination with vitamin E, an oil-soluble antioxidant that helps to protect delicate skin from external free radical damage, while stabilising vitamin A for a highly potent, long-lasting formula.
How To Use
- After cleansing in the evening, massage 4 drops of retinol across the face, neck and décolletage.
- Follow with your regular Medik8 moisturiser or facial oil.
- Retinol application should be phased in gradually. Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night. Consult a doctor if breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
Pure vitamin A helps to boost collagen levels and enhance the skin’s natural regenerative cycle, leaving skin looking even-toned and youthful.
An oil-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E can quench free radicals on the skin while stabilising retinol for optimal power.
KEY INGREDIENTS IN INTELLIGENT RETINOL (PREVIOUSLY CALLED RETINOL INTENSE) UPGRADES
Climbazole has been found to boost the activity of retinoids in the skin to give the power of higher percentages without the irritation.
*Climbazole is the key ingredient in the Intelligent Retinol collection which replaces Retinol Intense – new name, same power.
A natural emollient; squalane helps to restore the skin’s natural defence barrier while deeply hydrating the skin.FULL INGREDIENTS
- NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE
- PARABEN FREE
- VEGAN FRIENDLY
- ZIPPER DONATION
- NO SYNTHETIC COLOURS
- NO PHTHALATES
- ALCOHOL FREE
- CRUELTY FREE
Used in Professional Treatments
Boost the results of Intelligent Retinol
Visit a Medik8 specialist for a detailed skin consultation and experience one of our relaxing anti-ageing facial treatments.
Rewind Professional Skin Peel
A targeted peel that helps to promote collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It fades away imperfections, leaving the skin visibly smoothed and rejuvenated.The Science Behind
“Vitamin A is notorious for causing irritation. When too much retinol is delivered to the skin cells too quickly, an overwhelming spike in levels of vitamin A can cause redness and flaking. As the experts in vitamin A, Medik8 uses the most advanced ‘Time Release’ delivery system to slowly release vitamin A into the skin; reducing irritation and providing an exceptionally stable formula.”
Daniel Isaacs, Medik8 Director of Research